[geeklog-devel] Plugin layout

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Wed Dec 22 00:11:33 EST 2004

Vincent Furia wrote:

>Basically I was thinking that only index.php have an "echo" statement.
> Everything else should pass around HTML strings.  That would allow us
>to do cool stuff like apply post-processing filters on all pages (or
>just some pages).

It'll need to be slightly more complicated than that since I see
index.php holding the MVCnPHP controller for the admin and basic kernel
stuff.  We should be able to use a single MVCnPHP command for handling
handing off control to both procedural and OO-based plugins.
Essentially the same concept, though, as your getPage.

>URL rewriting should be easy, if we just let the plugins deal with it.
> Just so long as the first parameter in a rewritten URL is a plugin
>name so that index.php knows what to do.  Implementing something more
>complex would (obviously) require more effort and complexity.

No, I think that would be fine.  Intuitive and simple.  Question is
would it work with PHP5/IIS?  Last I check this sort of URL rewriting
caused nasty errors.