[geeklog-devel] [Fwd: [PEAR-DEV] PEAR 1.4.0 report - Major progress: 97% unit-tested]

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Tue Dec 28 16:49:00 EST 2004

Here is an update on PEAR 1.4 below.  One thing worth noting is 1.4 will
support the notion of 'channels'.  This will allow Geeklog to deploy
software using PEAR from our own respository.  This is significant for
two reasons: 1) I didn't know they would have coded the channel support
already...they did this pretty damned fast and 2) this could provide us
the engine for managing Geeklog plugins.  At the very least, Geeklog
based libraries (i.e. MVCnPHP) can use this feature.

Just a heads up,

--Tony