[geeklog-devel] Groklaw

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Wed Jan 28 13:32:00 EST 2004

I can't hardly go a day anymore before someone in my circle of techies
mentions something about Groklaw.net running Geeklog.  I too am pretty
excited about it but I think we should their popularity and those of
other Geeklog sites to talk about scaling issues.  I know
masosxhints.com does a lot of traffic as does groklaw.net and I'm
interested how they have managed to scale Geeklog.  Groklaw has been
/.'d a few times and is always up when I visit it.  Now, having authored
my fair share of GL, I find this pleasantly surprising but I'd like ot
know what they are doing.  Are they simply using beefy boxes and ISP's
with fat pipes or are there some other things under the hood.  Any of
you have an answers to this?