[geeklog-devel] Spam plugin

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Fri Jun 25 16:54:26 EDT 2004

Tom Willet wrote:

>Whether you use my plugin or something else entirely, I think it is a good
>idea.

I haven't actually installed the plugin yet (btw, it doesn't install when
register_globals=off ;-) but I've read through the installation
instructions. Is there any reason why you store the blacklist, etc. in
files and not in a database?

My point being that this would add another couple of files that people
need to chmod, if we're going to bundle the plugin with Geeklog.

An idea I had for the SQL: Instead of adding it to the
mysql_tableanddata.php (as we did for the static pages plugin), it would
probably be easier to introduce a new directory, say, sql/plugins, and
then put .sql files in there for each plugin. The install script could
then read this directory and install all plugins automatically.

This would make it easier for other plugins to be bundled with Geeklog -
something that has been requested a lot.

I've never downloaded Aeonserv - how are they doing it?

http://www.tinyweb.de/