[geeklog-devel] Credits to ourselves?

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Mon Mar 29 15:20:07 EST 2004

With the addition of Vinny, there are now four people with CVS access
contributing code on a (more or less) regular basis. Which brings up the
issue of proper credits.

I've always tried to properly credit code, fixes, and other things
contributed by people outside of the core team. But what about the four
of us now? Should we start putting our names after each change
description? The PHP team does it like this, for example:

    Fixed getopt() so it works without $_SERVER (Rasmus, bfrance)

Personally, I don't care. I can always get the information I need (who
made a change a when) from CVS. But I don't want to downplay anybody's
role in this project or pocket someone's credits.

So, do we add our names to docs/history or do we stick with the rule that
changes without credits were made by an (unnamed) team member?

http://mypod.de/