[geeklog-devel] PDF support, was [Fwd: further span in comments & problem with security listserv signup]

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Tue Oct 5 16:58:56 EDT 2004

Dirk Haun wrote:

> To be a bit more precise:
>
>- generated PDFs not being deleted

Should be easy enough to fix.  Main problem, though, is the currently
implementation gives a timestamp as the name of the PDF.  Sounds fine
but if the same one is clicked over and over we regenerate copies of the
PDF.  This was donated code so I'll have to monkey with it.  My
inclination is to use the SID and append the timestamp to the end of the
file.  That would give something like
<some_story_id>_<some_timestamp>.pdf.  The codecan then easily modify
the timestamp portion on subsequent views so that the purge process works.

>- uses XHTML, even though htmldoc doesn't understand it
>- as a consequence of the above: Do we need the Tidy support then?

No.  Not sure WTF I was thinking.

>And, most importantly, it doesn't work - at least not for me:

Lol, works for me ;-).  More testing will be needed after the above
changes are needed.

Vinny, what's your plate looking like?  I'm tied up tonight, might have
time tomorrow and won't have time after that until Saturday morning.