[geeklog-devel] Dynamic Comments...

Vincent Furia vfuria at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 15:00:43 EST 2005

Dirk, the reason why the collapsing icon isn't showing up is you
having anonymous comments turned off and this piece of code:

        // hide reply link from anonymous users if they can't post replies
        $hidefromanon = false;
        if( empty( $_USER['username'] ) && (( $_CONF['loginrequired'] == 1 )
                || ( $_CONF['commentsloginrequired'] == 1 ))) {
            $hidefromanon = true;
        }

        // this will hide HTML that should not be viewed in preview mode
        if( $preview || $hidefromanon ) {
            $template->set_var( 'hide_if_preview', 'style="display:none"' );
        } else {
            $template->set_var( 'hide_if_preview', '' );
        }

Hides the entire "reply to" section of code, including the collapse
image, from anonymous users when anonymous comments are disabled.
Fixing it could be as easy as changing the theme around.  I'll look
into it a bit...

I already knew this would not work for IE < 5.5 (all versions).  I'm
not sure what is going on with Opera, can anyone with Opera for
windows check it out?

So, in summary, I think safari will probably work after we fix the
anonymous user problem, as will OmniWeb 5.1.  IE < 5.5, iCab, and old
versions of OmniWeb will probably never work as they don't support
xmlhttp.  Opera will take some looking into...

As for the character sets I have no idea what could be messing with
that... Can someone with experience with character sets and PHP take a
look for me?

Thanks,

-Vinny