[geeklog-devel] Deleting comments

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Wed Jan 19 17:17:41 EST 2005

Dirk Haun wrote:

>Just the other day, I was actually thinking about moving all the comment-
>related functions from lib-common.php[1] into their own lib-comment.php
>file. If we add a COM_deleteComment function to that, plugins could
>simply include that file and delete comments properly.

If you mean lib-comment.php that would actually be CMT_deleteComment,
right? I'm guessing you mean not to confuse it with lib-common.php
functions. I'm all for this. I think you could also justify HTML-related
stuff like COM_startHeader, COM_startBlock, etc. In fact, it might be a
good exercise to review the code in lib-common.php and determinte what
categories of functions you can come up with and decide how to layout
the libraries.

Only issue with this sort of stuff is it will clearly break
compatiblity. I say you would leave the stubbed out functions in
lib-common.php, call the new library equivalent (i.e. COM_deleteComment
would call CMT_deleteComment) and then log a warning to error.log that
the function is deprecated and will be removed in a future version.

Thinking out loud,