[geeklog-devel] PLG_commentPreSave

Vincent Furia vfuria at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 12:26:52 EST 2005

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:00:27 -0500, Blaine Lang <geeklog at langfamily.ca> wrote:

> Dirk, Tom and I talked about this when implementing the new SPAMX API's and
> decided that it was best to still have a Non-Spamx API to allow other
> plugins to add any other comment related filtering or handling that may be
> required.

I'm still confused as to why different APIs are needed since they
appear to do the same thing.  They are even called one after the
other.

I think one plugin call would be enough, something like:

PLG_commentPreSave(title, comment, ...) and have it return HTML to
output if there is an error (this can include a COM_refresh) otherwise
just return 0.  If I can work it into the plugin API to pass the
comment and title by reference, plugins could modify those and still
return a "success" status.

Thoughts?

-Vinny