[geeklog-devel] Themes (was: FrOSCon 2007)

Mark R. Evans mevans at ecsnet.com
Mon Aug 27 17:22:44 EDT 2007

There has been some very good progress in themes for Geeklog over the past
month or so.  I expect to see much more too.  Eric Warren's latest them,
Webstruments, is very well done.  To see some of the more recent work, check
out http://www.gllabs.org/vthemes/index.php

If you are serious about giving geeklog.net a new look, why don't you throw
out some ideas on what you would like to see.  Maybe one of the current
theming wizards will champion the cause.

>From a marketing standpoint, I would suggest that we at least start with
removing links to items that simply no longer work at geeklog.net.  For
example, 'Report a bug', it simply gives a page not found error.   On the
CVS page, the links to the geeklog-devtalk and geeklog-cvs also give a 404
error as do the 2 CVS browser links as well.

My point being, marketing is more than a snazzy look, it is also a positive
presentation of your product or service.  When key links like report a bug
go nowhere, it doesn't send the positive message.  I realize these systems
are down and will probably be up again some day, but until then, it is best
to replace them with a static page that states what / where to report bugs
in the interim.

I'm still working on the wiki, although slowly, but I am making some
progress.

Thanks!
Mark