[geeklog-devel] Geeklog Story Size Limits

Jeff Hare geeklog at thehares.com
Fri Nov 23 11:40:27 EST 2007

Hello,

find myself running into story truncation much more frequently as a result
of the html editor's Word paste option.

The Story uses the mysql TEXT datatype for the story body, which is limited
to 64k characters.

Given that most of my story editors prefer to compose their articles offline
using MS Word and paste them into the fck editor, we're frequently running
into the silent truncation problem.  Also, has anyone found a good approach
for offline editing?  My users are bellowing about having to compose
articles interactively online.

What's the chance of bumping the story body type up to MEDIUMTEXT?

-Jeff