[geeklog-devel] Todo List for 1.5.0 release?

Joe Mucchiello joe at ThrowingDice.com
Wed Oct 10 10:17:52 EDT 2007

I don't disagree. Extra checks are always good. In fact, you might
even use PEAR/HTTP_REQUEST to verify the site_url works (somehow, an
html file that return a known string without database access or even
opening lib-common, perhaps). But sometimes there is pain, and since
all the data in the config tables is serialized, it isn't that easy
to fix. Some kind of "reinstall without installing" rescue action is
probably needed.

At 10:02 AM 10/10/2007, Vincent Furia wrote:
>I'm with Oliver, additional checks are the way to go.  We should
>endeavor to make the install completely painless in almost every case.
>  We might be able to improve the path detection also.  My last install
>of the latest build detected the wrong admin directory, even though it
>was directly under public_html (and not in an unusual place).
>
>-Vinny
>
>On 10/10/07, Oliver Spiesshofer <oliver at spiesshofer.com> wrote:
> > I see what you mean. It could be an option. However, I rather build more
> > checks into the install script.
> > There can be tons of checks for existing directories, proper paths etc
> > that can be done to make sure that the data entered is correct. That
> > would eliminate the need for such a file and make it even more user
> > friendly and also more secure.

----
Joe Mucchiello
Throwing Dice Games