[geeklog-devel] 1.5 Installer stuff

Joe Mucchiello joe at ThrowingDice.com
Thu Oct 11 22:48:37 EDT 2007

At 07:30 PM 10/11/2007, Oliver Spiesshofer wrote:
>Joe Mucchiello wrote:
>>I don't put public_html under the geeklog directory so I end up on
>>the admin/install/index.php screen with this:
>>Unable to locate Geeklog files
>>The installation script was unable to locate critical Geeklog
>>files. This is probably because you have moved them from their
>>default location. Please specify the paths to the files and directories below:
>well I do not think this can be avoided in any case.

I wasn't complaining about that. I was explaining where I was in the
process. The complaint was the short field (see below) and the back
button issue (also below)

>>The entry field is small and my Unix path is over 100 characters.
>>Not convenient.
>do you have the latest CVS? I I already made the fields longer
>yesterday. how wide was your field?

Is this another CVS issue? I ran checkout at 1am EDT today. Was your
checkin before or after that?

>>It couldn't find db-config.php and said the path was incorrect.
>>Hitting the "back" button didn't replace /path/to/db-config.php
>>with the 100 characters I just typed. That was annoying.
>well thats a browser-problem. If you use Opera I think it works.

No, no, no, there's a "back" on the form. It submits a form to
admin/install/index.php. That does not repopulate the entry field.

>>More annoying was the fact that the path was correct but
>>db-config.php was not writable. It was '644'. Setting '666' allowed
>>me to continue. I set it back to '644' and tried again and there
>>was no problem this time.
>well there should be a help displayed somewhere that says which
>files have to be writable. It should however discover that the file is there.

Actually, someone should play around with that. I had trouble getting
any consistency out of this. Sometimes it complains about the 644 and
sometimes it doesn't.

----
Joe Mucchiello
Throwing Dice Games