[geeklog-devel] Student wakeup call

Matt West matt.danger.west at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 17:32:36 EDT 2007

Dirk,
I apologize for not being able to be as involved as what I had committed to.
I have been working on my masters thesis project and it, combined with work
and other homework, takes up most of my time. My plan was to get back up to
speed with GL after I completed one of the benchmarks for my thesis paper,
but that's taken more time than I'd thought. I haven't really been reading
geeklog-devel as much lately either. Because of this I've gotten myself a
bit lost in what bugs exist and what changes need to be implemented.

When is the 1.5 release planned? At this point I can probably commit 1 week
a month to GL. What are the current changes that need to be made to the
installer besides writing the documentation for the form fields, updating
installation documentation file, and whatever is mentioned in this thread?

http://eight.pairlist.net/pipermail/geeklog-devel/2007-October/002422.html

Lastly, I remember there being some issues with the MSSQL fresh install and
I'm not quite sure what came of them as no one else was able to reproduce my
error. Also, the MSSQL upgrade still does not work. I just copied the MySQL
queries over and commented them out. This is probably something that would
benefit from someone who knows their way around MSSQL but I can take it as
far as I can. I'll add these notes to the Todo thread.

Matt