[geeklog-devel] New GL default theme

=MF=Geiss geiss at midnightforce.com
Tue Oct 23 01:26:46 EDT 2007

I would venture a guess that if Dirk asked anyone on this mailing list
if they would step up, they'd be honored to do so. I'm not a PHP guy, so
unfortunately I'm no help mucking around in code markup there, but *I
am* willing to go through all the theme files. That much I can do. But
only under these conditions:
1- Dirk, or another core dev calls for it.
2- It will be included in the 1.5 release.

Yes, I realize that many of you (let's face it, there are only a handful
of core devs anyway) are working on core features that are probably more
important than this. That, I understand. I respect each of your work,
and am certainly not asking you to drop your contributions to address
this. I know when to pick my battles. This is why I say let's *delegate*
it and ask someone to help. Perhaps even dengen him/herself would be
happy to update the source. I can't speak for anyone, but I bet Joe
would do it if asked. He's been a helpful, contributing member for quite
some time. Mark Evans also comes to mind as a more than competent coder
that would probably rise to the occasion. Mystral-KK, etc. etc. Are we
too prideful or too high society to ask for help from the community?
Hopefully not. Are we lacking organization and focus? Probably. Can we
trust and count on others to rise to the occasion. I have faith the
answer is Definitely. If not, what's the point? We all go through our
busy or burnt out phases, its understandable and part of being human. If
others aren't there to take the torch, or we choose not to pass it on,
so they can run with it while we rest, then GL will eventually burn out.
Just think,... what would of happened if the original author of GL
didn't open and share the responsibility with Tony, or even Dirk. Nobody
would be reading this.

Food for thought. :-)

Thx!

Eric