[geeklog-devel] New GL default theme

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Tue Oct 23 14:44:15 EDT 2007

geeklog at mystral-kk.net wrote:

>2. Most Web browsers put XHTML over HTML.

Do they? IE6 at least didn't even understand 'application/xhtml+xml',
the content-type for XHTML. Did they fix that in IE7?

>3. Even when Geeklog core is XHTML, and yet its theme and plugins are
>HTML, Web browsers will accept the contents with very few problems.

You can't mix HTML and XHTML. I'd rather have something that validates -
if that's HTML or XHTML is not important.

I'm actually quite mad at the PHP developers since nl2br() returns XHTML-
style <br/> tags. On more than one occasion, I was so close to replace
it with a COM_nl2br() function that does it properly ...

>4. If HTML contents (stories, staticpages, and so on) with XHTML core code
>should cause some trouble, how about preparing an HTML-into-XHTML
>converter?      HTML purifier (http://htmlpurifier.org/) is the tool for
>the task.

Sure, it's possible. But as I said before, I don't think a lot of our
users would do that.

http://spam.tinyweb.net/