[geeklog-devel] Distribution "readme" needs updating (was: Integrated Web Installer...)

Joe Mucchiello joe at ThrowingDice.com
Sun Sep 9 00:36:34 EDT 2007

At 05:54 AM 9/8/2007, Oliver Spiesshofer wrote:
 >Actually they are not. They are as up to date as they can be. You
are bound to face missing instructions for a code that is not even
100% finished yet.
 >If 1.5.0 is released and there are no better instructions, then
it's ok to say they are out of date.
 >I am certain that the contributors to this nice piece of work know
that documentation is a part of the whole.

Look, sometimes I know what I'm talking about. The file is out of
date not just in terms of how to install Geeklog but with other facts
it contains.

 >December 28, 2002

This alone should make anyone reading the documentation wonder
whether Geeklog is still in development

 >Geeklog is run by Tony Bibbs, but like all good open source projects,

Not since he started 2.0 as I understand it. He defers to Dirk all
the time on this message board so I presume he doesn't think he's in charge.

 >SUPPORT
 >-------
 >The best support channel is a mailing list located at:

That link is out of date. And even if you find the mailing list, no
one's emailed to it since 2005.

 >KNOWN ISSUES
 >------------
 >All known issues are tracked in our bug tracker. If you identify a bug please
 >let us know by filling out a bug report at:
 >
 >http://project.geeklog.net/tracker/?group_id=6&atid=105

Another dead link.

My point was that this file needs to be rewritten. It's out of date.
This file is also in the 1.4.1 distribution that anyone could be
downloading right now for the very first time. It should be updated.

----
Joe Mucchiello
Throwing Dice Games
http://www.throwingdice.com