[geeklog-devel] WebDAV

Mark Howard mark at the-howards.net
Sun Feb 24 16:56:43 EST 2008

Hi Blaine -

Understood, and not against it, my primary point was that WebDAV is more
appropriately implemented (IMHO) as a module/extension to the http server,
not as an extension/plugin to GeekLog, and in fact, such an implementation
already exists.

I guess the question I'd ask is what PHP-script-based implementation does
for you that the web server module does not?  (Sincere) apologies if I'm
missing something obvious here.

My experience is that as in most of these emerging capabilities, client-side
functionality, reliability and compatibility greatly varies.  For instance,
the openoffice.org implementation doesn't get along that well with the
Office 2007 stuff, and the MS implementation of the client/requestor is
imperfect.  As it is with most things, MS has a pretty biased and inflexible
view towards their particular interpretation of the RFC, etc., eg. they are
right and everyone else must be wrong.

-m