[geeklog-devel] The road ahead - post 1.5.0

Blaine Lang devel at portalparts.com
Fri Jun 27 18:32:41 EDT 2008

The XLIFF format for language files looks interesting as the one file
contains all the translations. Whether we would parse the XML in this
file or create separate language files from this one file is still a
good question but I like the idea and it would make a nice SOC project.

I would prefer to see an integrated GL Admin tool to manage the language
file and remove any pootle and python dependency.
 - update the master XLIFF file translations
 - create the separate language files (assuming that was needed)

This caught my interest as I have been working on an online tool for a
project so translators could bring up any language file and edit the the
translations without having to touch the real file.

Blaine