[geeklog-devel] The road ahead - post 1.5.0

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sat Jun 28 03:18:05 EDT 2008

Trinity wrote:

>it supports converting the resulting .po files to php value arrays in a php
>file.

The beauty of the current system (if you can even call it that) is its
simplicity. All you need is a text editor and a copy of english.php and
you can translate away.

Keep in mind that the majority of our translators are users, not
developers. If we require them to install some fancy software, then that
will make it more complicated for them.

Of course the current approach also has its problems as you're editing a
PHP file and have to be aware of the usual traps and pitfalls, e.g. quotes.

So I'm not opposed to changes here, I just wanted to point out that we
shouldn't go over the top ...

http://www.geeklog.net/
http://geeklog.info/