[geeklog-devel] Email Throttling (was GSoC 2008:Core notification service)

Joe Mucchiello joe at ThrowingDice.com
Wed Mar 19 13:30:40 EDT 2008

That's nice for Dreamhost. My host doesn't support Mailman and many
other hosts I know of do not. And as I said, the people who need
throtling the most can't install Mailman. It is an incomplete solution.

Let me be clear. I'm not saying don't add Mailman support. But
however you support mail throttling should not be tied exclusively to
Mailman. Mail throttling should either be supported directly or
though an interface the proposed Mailman plugin takes advantage of.
Perhaps the best solution would be to do something like database
support. Have a lib-email and a system/classes/email with email
"engines". The Mailman specific code goes in
system/classes/email/mailman.class.php. And someone could write a
different support class for hosts without Mailman support.