[geeklog-devel] : Patch for Managing Blacklist for spamX plugin

saurabh gupta saurabhgupta1403 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 16:09:41 EDT 2009

hi,

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 11:58 PM, Dirk Haun <dirk at haun-online.de> wrote:
> Our database API, simple as it may be, has a DB_count method that would
> probably be more appropriate for the duplicate check.

All right. I had a look at that now. But, I would say that my
intention was to make a simple and quick query to the database to
check for the duplicates. However, DB_count (or corresponding dbCount
for the database type) also serves the same purpose but with more
processing and actions. Anyways, DB_count allows for debug mode
logging.
Fixed now :-)
Also, an error message is also displayed now when any duplicate entry is added.
( http://sgupta.slackdoghosting.com/index.php )

>>The ascending order for IP blacklist is yet to be implemented.
>
> Yeah, that would be nice. Otherwise it's a bit confusing to see "24."
> show up after "201." ...
Yeah, I wrote  a basic utility for IP sorting now and am testing it.
Will show it to you after it gets completed. However, I have to assume
that the maximum fields in IP address (i.e. fields separated by dot)
is a finite number as of 8 now.

Regards...

--
Saurabh Gupta