[geeklog-devel] Plugin Repository Development Thread

Joe Mucchiello joe at ThrowingDice.com
Sun May 17 09:49:40 EDT 2009

At 03:00 AM 5/17/2009, Dirk Haun wrote:
>Is this something the person uploading the plugin should provide in a
>form or could this be found out automatically (since I assume the Plugin
>Repository will perform certain checks automatically anyway)?

Assuming a standard setup, the plugin should have a SQL directory
with files in the form {$_DB_dbms}_install.php: one for each
supported database. Looking at some random plugins this is not always
the case. mySql only plugins tend to just have install.php and some
plugins have the form {$_DB_dbms}_install_{$pi_version}.php. So
currently it is inexact. But since the repository changes a bunch of
other things, there's no reason not to have a standard filename
format for database support purposes.

----
Joe Mucchiello
Throwing Dice Games