[geeklog-devel] Geeklog Forums

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sat Aug 28 12:09:47 EDT 2010

> http://www.geeklog.net/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=91053&lastpost=true

I'm open to a Forum reorg. Specifically, I think the GL 2 forum needs to go. But what do we do with the posts in there? Not all of them are about GL 2, mind you.

> Google Summer of Code
> - GSOC 2010
> - GSOC 2011 (would be added if we get accepted next year)

Where's all the GSoC traffic that should go into those? I'd suggest only one GSoC forum.

> Development & Coding (previously Developers Only)
> - GL 1.7
> - GL 1.8
> - GL 1.9 (would be added once 1.7 released)

Again, where's all the traffic for those forums? The "Developers Only" heading probably kept too many users away, so changing that to something more friendly is a good idea. But I'd only have, say, one general Geeklog development and a plugin development forum (or "add-ons" or something like that). I don't really see a need for separate forums per version - it would only clutter the forums after some releases.