[geeklog-devel] The Slogan which is a Claim

Euan McKay info at heatherengineering.com
Thu Feb 11 18:38:12 EST 2010

Just trying to keep the ball rolling.

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 09:25, Markus <1000ideen at gmx.de> wrote:
> Well, the claim ist the short thing near the logo. A good international
> example is Toyota http://www.toyota.com/ "moving forward"
> Nobody really understands it but it gives you a feeling that they are
> somehow 'advanced'. Not really my taste but it shows well, what a claim is.

I quite like the Nissan series here in Japan, "shift_[a-zA-Z]{1,
}".(1) I wonder if it is worthwhile aiming for something flexible like
that rather than one fixed phrase.

Geeklog. Online. Securely.
Geeklog. Your site. Securely.
Geeklog. Flexible. Securely.
Geeklog. Extensible. Securely.
Geeklog. Reliable. Securely.
Geeklog. Secure.

Or the other way round.

Geeklog. Secure. Online.
Geeklog. Secure. Flexible.
Geeklog. Secure. Extensible.
Geeklog. Secure. Reliable.
Geeklog. Secure.

Or another pattern.

Geeklog: CMS. You: Online.
Geeklog: Blog. You: Online.
Geeklog: Sandbox. You: Online.
Geeklog: Secure. You: Online.
Geeklog: Flexible. You: Online.
Geeklog: Extensible. You: Online.
Geeklog: Reliable. You: Online.

But I still think that "Geeklog. The secure CMS." is not too bad.

Also, we need to bear in mind our target audience while working on
this. "Geek. Securely." would be fine for that audience, but would
alienate the more average user.

Cheers,

Euan.

Euan McKay