[geeklog-devel] Fwd: Geeklog Comments

Joe Mucchiello joe at ThrowingDice.com
Sun Feb 21 15:13:51 EST 2010

I'm confused. Isn't this what the PLG_getItemInfo is for? The what's
new block should take the type and sid info from the comments table
and query the plugin for the item's title. This eliminates all
permissions and status problems completely.

Perhaps, you might modify PLG_getItemInfo so that $id could be an
array of ids (or create a PLG_getItemSinfo if you don't want to
change the interface) so the plugin could optimize the SQL required.
But that is a different issue. I'd hate to see another plugin api for
the what's new block.

At 02:36 PM 2/21/2010, you wrote:
>Forwarding this to the list to get some feedback from plugin authors.
>This is about getting plugin comments into the What's New block,
>http://project.geeklog.net/tracking/view.php?id=835
>
>My gut feeling seems to advise against relying on SQL provided by the
>plugin. But the alternative would require more work in the plugins.

----
Joe Mucchiello
Throwing Dice Games
http://www.throwingdice.com