[geeklog-devel] Redirect after login

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Mon Jan 18 13:56:29 EST 2010

Tom wrote:

>The only case I can think of at the moment  (which a client brought up
>recently) was that if a user tried to access something they did not have
>access too they would be redirected to a page (maybe a staticpage, story,
>login form with a staticpage on top that contains a message) that explains
>the benefits of registering on the site.

The login form uses a template, so such a message could be added there.
Actually, preparing the login form should call CUSTOM_templateSetVars()
so that you can define your own template variables. I'll add that.

With the proposed change, Geeklog would stop using the submit/
submitloginrequired.thtml template file altogether and instead use users/
loginform.thtml

http://www.geeklog.net/
http://geeklog.info/