[geeklog-devel] Batch import of user

kushal kushal.iiita at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 17:19:06 EDT 2010

Hi Everyone,

I was looking for Adding user in Geeklog and found that for batch import one
need to specify the format that is: full name, username, email address. I'm
thinking to modify it with an xml document. Yes, the previous one will also
be there, but manytime the admin has data in xml format from other sources,,
so it will be nice to implement a small code for batch import of the user by
xml
.
We will define some xml tag. But this one will be very general. If this code
make any significance for Geeklog, then I'm ready to do this and will share
xml format with you all for your approval. Waiting for your response.

Moreover, I'm seeking a Gsoc position in Geeklog this time and looking TO-DO
List of Geeklog. Have some doubts for calendar plugin:

   1. We can implement the Ajaxian calendar which will enable the
   asynchronous navigation of months, without updating the page.
   2. Now since, the geeklog calendar is very old one, So it will be good
   idea, to integrate other format of plugin also such as xml, ical and html.
   3. For Event location, there would be a link which will open in google
   maps. [Easy to do]
   4. Comprehensive options panel for admin.
   5. A contact person name for each event.
   6. Pop up javascript calendars help the choosing of dates.

Please comment, whether I will be nice to have this feature also with the
to-do list in wiki page for calendar plugin. I want to discuss more idea,
jst waiting for approval for the above ideas, so that I can start planning
in a step by step manner.

Kushal Keshri
Final year Student
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad