[geeklog-devel] SocNet

Randy Kolenko Randy.Kolenko at nextide.ca
Sun Mar 21 09:09:34 EDT 2010

> Exactly, it would be better if we do not allow group member to publish
> irrelevent content but there will be a problem,how it be decided about
> the nature of the content,
> mean to say whether the content is irrelevent or not

I would think the community would complain about a piece of content as
being malicious no?

> Blacklisting the group will allow a clean and better communication and
> sharing of views.As the would be blacklisted group may post, for
> examplesome script that may cause unintended action.
> This problem i have seen in Orkut where clicking on the link causes
> hacking of the account and after every thing goes wrong and wrong.

But if I'm part of a socnet group and I am not the owner of the
malicious content, why should I get punished for someone else's
malicious content?  I don't understand that concept.

> Coming to chat session apart from using the plugin for chat.
> We can include some plugin that can help to chat from people from
> other networking sites or messengers.
> I don't have any idea about how it can be done.
> Please have a look on this problem.

If you feel chat is part of socnet, then add that to your Socnet
application.  I didn't put that in as I don't feel that socnet is a
mechanism to deliver chat services.

> As far as the individual task are concerned. We can have photo
> tagging, uploading photographs,videos etc, creating events and
> notification in the calendar, keeping track of recent visitors, etc

What you just outlined is all part of other plugins or mechanisms no?