[geeklog-devel] gsoc notification system

ganesh th3iedkid at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 14:26:33 EDT 2010

Hi Mr.Dirk and to all the developers ,
Hello there!

Well you were right in assuming  about the SOAP getting used directly,
because i have been trying to develop a lightweight JSON-RPC scheme under
php for some time now for my pet-project.Currently i use a C++ based json
scheme to respond due to my efficiency considerations, i however combined it
with php with leveled caching scheme i developed for it to handle heavy
requests. I chose* json because of its ajaxian benefits* i derive by
delegating the user requests into different levels i classified them into so
that these requests could be cached out based on the level they belong to.

However could you help me point the possible damage json-rpc based schemes
could do, and the damages of  json could also be specifically pointed out if
possible for them getting used in the notification system structurally.

I havent been able read all the discussions on last year's notification
system idea for gsoc due to the local connectivity problems i faced for some
time, now tht its back n running i will go through  them,thanks a lot for
the link , it gave an excellent start for the skeletal design i wish to make
for the notification system

Thanks and regards
Ganesh