[geeklog-devel] Geeklog Autotags Update and Tooltips

Joe Mucchiello jmucchiello at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 23 21:30:42 EST 2010

>> First, thanks for taking over the autotags plugin.
>
> I wasn't necessarily taking it over ;-)

Someone's been updating it. I thought it was you.

>> Is there still time for me to do my COM_newTemplate patch? I should have
>> it packaged and attached to the bugtracker in a couple days.
>
> I would still like to go over your template replacement class as it has a
> lot of features I would like to see:
>
> http://project.geeklog.net/tracking/view.php?id=1155
>
> Do you see the need for COM_newTemplate if yours does eventually get
> implemented?

Call me gun shy. The patch is "big" because everywhere a template is created is
the same four calls to set_var. The patch removes them because those calls are
in COM_newTemplate. The value of COM_newTemplate is if Geeklog ever needs a 5th
call to set_var, you only have to change the function in lib-common once.

> This also reminds me of your long ago Calendar patch. Since the GSOC one
> seems to have disappeared and no one has worked on the Calendar plugin in
> a while, I would like to see your work get integrated.

If vlad is still around I don't want to step on his toes. Shame of it is I have
time again to look at my calendar stuff.

  Joe