[geeklog-devel] Core upgrade autoinstall new plugins

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Mon May 23 13:48:47 EDT 2011

Tom wrote:

>>> Or leave an "uninstalled" entry in the database.
>
> I would rather see a list of plugins that will be installed when the Geeklog
> install script is run. The admin can then uncheck any he does not want
> installed.

This is already possible for a fresh install, btw. On the second page of the install script, there's an option "Install and configure additional plugins" which does just that.

The paths through the install script can be tricky, but it should be possible to re-use this for the upgrade process as well (which was Ben's original issue) if required.

I'm just trying to get an idea if all these options are really typical use cases. The install and upgrade should be as simple as possible, IMO, and if something isn't used a lot, it may be better put somewhere else.