[geeklog-devel] Geeklog 2.0.0 Schedule

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Fri Apr 6 15:21:54 EDT 2012

Sounds good.

Though a few of them have been handled and just need to be closed

0001384: [Feature Requests] Improve strength of password hashing (vinny) -
assigned.
0001255: [Feature Requests] Update the Professional theme to use divs, etc..
instead of tables - confirmed. (this is the new theme being worked on now I
guess)

So what is this release then a beta or RC?

Stuff that really needs to be tested is the topic stuff (from the list I
posted a while ago). Plus nothing evolving mssql or pgsql has been tested as
far as I know.

Theme Name suggestions so far is

Modern Curve
Geeklog2
Open

It doesn't really matter to me ... all are fine ... I guess I would vote for
Geeklog2 then

So it looks like before this release as well we will be adding another file
to the theme called initial or theme (or something else) that will be a php
file and will solve the problem of declaring the doc type of the theme first
so the language files will know  what to do. If the file is not present then
the doc type defined in the configuration will be assumed.

I don't think we need to wait for the new theme to be ready before this
beta/rc release but it should be ready for the final release. I do think we
should include the new theme (along with the professional theme) in the
beta/rc release  at whatever state it is in so users can see where we are
at.

Thoughts?

Tom