[geeklog-devel] Geeklog 2.0.0 Schedule

Rouslan Placella rouslan at placella.com
Mon Mar 26 10:04:10 EDT 2012

Quoting Tom <websitemaster at cogeco.net>:

> A quick update in regards to the Geeklog 2.0 release. We are approaching the
> end of March and still have things to work on. I know everyone is pretty
> busy so let's bump the RC to mid-end of April.
>
> Rouslan has been working on the new theme and it has been coming along
> nicely. For those of you who haven't seen it yet it is available in the
> repository and is currently called newpro.
>
> Here are the list of items (besides the theme) I think we should finish
> before we release Geeklog 2.0.0 RC 1:
>
> Name the new Theme - Ideas?
>
> Changing "Remember Me For" does not update cookie timeout
> http://project.geeklog.net/tracking/view.php?id=1335
>
> Update Page Navigation with link elements
> http://project.geeklog.net/tracking/view.php?id=1391
>
> The part of the page navigator should do markup by a list.
> http://project.geeklog.net/tracking/view.php?id=1422
>
> Failure when trying to report sitemap.xml write error (I am not sure if this
> happens on a Windows system since I have not seen it before)
> http://project.geeklog.net/tracking/view.php?id=1412
>
> If anyone has and additions or comments let us know.

I think that this bug[0] needs to be fixed for 2.0.0
I keep stumbling into it while working on the theme and
can never find a proper workaround for this. Others have had
their issues with it as well[1]. One example is the CSS layout
and another one are the breadcrumbs, which should be generated
in the header, but we don't know if there will be any when
generating the header. Then they may be created in a few different
places on the page since they are rendered with the articale
(or static page, or whatever), but they really must be fixed
in a particular position to be effective.

Bye,
Rouslan

[0]: http://project.geeklog.net/tracking/view.php?id=1358
[1]: http://project.geeklog.net/tracking/view.php?id=1316