[geeklog-devel] geeklog-devel Digest, Vol 85, Issue 10

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Wed Oct 16 21:59:12 EDT 2013

The older plugins will work with the template caching automatically. There
items text, etc.. would not be directly cached though. The plugin would have
to be updated to support that which is fairly easy to do with the built in
api (which the staticpage plugin, blocks, etc.. can be used as examples).

BTW I have had a few hiccups with the Article Caching. At one point I had
the entire story being cached (Everything from the Title, date, etc.., down
to the number of comments).  I have pulled back from this since there are
too many config values that can change things along with an article can
belong to more than one topic (so a version of the article would have to be
saved for each topic it belongs too).  I think I may just end up caching
just the intro text and the body text (which is something you would only do
if it had autotags in it). I will have to do a bit more testing to see what
I decide to do. I also have to make sure page breaks etc.. work with all
this.

Tom