[geeklog-devel] geeklog-devel Digest, Vol 85, Issue 10

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Thu Oct 17 06:59:10 EDT 2013

No I had forgotten about the date thanks Joe.

There are also a number of $_CONF values that I have to trap for and delete
the article cache files if they change like allow_page_breaks,
article_image_align, allow_user_photo, etc.. I also need to delete cache
files if a user changes his user information.

With Geeklog allowing stories to belong to more than one topics I also have
to make sure the topic icon and bread crumb stuff is ether not cached (like
the story date) or I create a separate article cache file for each topic.

The last thing I notice (and this is kind of what made me rethink things)
was that caching through the template like so

$article->check_instance($instance_id, $article_filevar)

Means that template caching must be enabled and there is no built in way to
reset these files after a certain time period (I am thinking about autotags
in articles here that need to be refreshed every so often).

That is why I am thinking of using the other functions instead ie

CACHE_check_instance($cacheInstance)

Tom