[geeklog-devel] test-framework - Build # 881 - Failure

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Fri Jan 3 12:09:39 EST 2014

Kenji ITO <geeklog at mystral-kk.net> wrote:

> Rather, how about changing test-framework so
> that language files will not be checked each time a language file is
> committed.  Of course, language files have to be checked before a beta
> version or a release candidate is out.

In my experience, it's better to alert people of test failures as a result of their code changes asap so that they can still remember what it was they changed (and why).

If automating the updates is not an option, then we need to make it easier to update the language files, so that everybody who makes a change in english.php can then easily update the others.

The "lm" script itself is written in PHP, so it should run everywhere. It has to be called once for each language and for each plugin plus the Core, though, for which I wrote a Bash script. I could try to use something more portable for that part, e.g. Phing.

http://www.themobilepresenter.com/