[geeklog-devel] To Do list for GitHub Conversion - Use Geeklog-Core Org name?

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Sun Jan 3 10:30:34 EST 2016

First off is Geeklog-Core okay for the organization name on GitHub?

Just what to tidy up on who is doing what on setting up our GitHub repositories. Please reply with what you can do along with your potential time line. Somethings are higher priority than others.

To Do:

-        Nightly Tarball needs to grab files from Github (for both Geeklog and Pear)

Low Priority - Never have looked at the script to see how it is currently done. Is this even needed now with everything Github offers? Should we just included a link to the zip on GitHub

https://github.com/Geeklog-Core/geeklog/archive/master.zip

-        Tag commit with version number which creates compressed file for download

Low Priority – Needed for next Geeklog Release. Once again I believe GitHub does offer some of this functionality. Does anyone know more about this?

-        File Submission to Download Plugin on Geeklog Release

Low Priority – Maybe needed for next Geeklog Release.

-        Geeklog Bugtracker switch to Github Issues? Manual or some sort of export? Need to clean up bug and feature list anyways

High Priority – Kenji is looking into this. Hopefully import goes well else I can help out on coping over more recent Feature requests and bugs. This also still needs to be tidied up once imported

-        Install github plugin for Jenkins

Medium Priority – Dirk you got this one right?

-        Update Website and Wiki with new links and info about Github and issues tracker

High Priority – Once the announcement happens I can update the website and do some of the changes on the Wiki. If I have help on the wiki that would be great. I know Github has a wiki as well built in but I think we should keep with ours. I will also update Geeklog.net to use the Download Plugin at this time.

-        Developers update their Bio for their user account.

Medium Priority – Once this is done I will enable the “Developers of Geeklog” page on Geeklog.net

Well that is my list. Is there anything else I missed?