[geeklog-devel] GitHub and CVS Mailing List

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Mon Jan 18 06:57:10 EST 2016

I found where the email is being sent from:

https://github.com/Geeklog-Core/geeklog/settings/hooks (note only owners can
see this)

It is one of many services. This one called email has the following options:

Install Notes
1.  address  whitespace separated email addresses (at most two)
2.  secret  fills out the Approved header to automatically approve the
message in a read-only or moderated mailing list.
3.  send_from_author  uses the commit author email address in the From
address of the email.

I ran a test which resent the last commit to the mailing list so I am not
sure what the problem is with it missing some commits.

On a related note you can also setup webhooks on the page as well. Here is a
quote about this from the page:

Webhooks allow external services to be notified when certain events happen
within your repository. When the specified events happen, we'll send a POST
request to each of the URLs you provide. Learn more in our Webhooks Guide.

We will also send events from this repository to your organization webhooks.

This might be the way to setup a file submit to the downloads plugin since
there is a release event we can enable.

Tom