[geeklog-users] How to add headlines in .rdf files?

Alberto García Fumero alberto at cied.rimed.cu
Fri Oct 29 14:44:43 EDT 2004

El Vie 29 Oct 2004 14:07, Dirk Haun escribió:
> Alberto,
>
> >But, the fact is, in my spanish version, appears "Bloque normal"  (Normal
> >block, I suppose) "bloque PHP" (PHP block) and "Bloque de sistema" (System
> >block). Nothing about "Portal Block".
>
> Looks like "Bloque del Sistema" is the equivalent of the Portal Block.
> Maybe the translator didn't really understand what that option is for.
>
> >I have selected system block, with no results.
>
> So what happens?
>
> You have to fill in the usual information for a block (in the upper part
> of the form, until the first horizontal line). You can skip the next
> input field (which is for PHP blocks only), fill in the URL of the RSS
> field in the next one, leave everything else as it is and save the block.
> When you go back to your homepage, the block should then appear.
>
> bye, Dirk

Thanks again!
But... can I only put .rss files?
I have tried to put http://www.freshmeat.net/backend/fm-releases-software.rdf
there, and it seems everything goes OK.  The system says the changes were
saved, and so on. But when I try to visit the home page, in the just added
block appears an error message: "there was a problem reading this feed (see
error log for details). The error.log says Geeklog could not red the rdf
file. But i do appears when I point my browser to that site.
Do I need to install something special, a plugin?
--
MSc. Alberto García Fumero
Centro de Información para la Educación

--
Este mensaje ha sido analizado por el MailScanner instalado en el CIED
y se considera limpio.